Hillary Clinton: ‘There’s No Doubt’ Trump’s Executive Orders Are a ‘Stunt’

According to Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, President Donald Trump’s executive actions are no more than a distraction from ongoing negotiations in Congress over the next coronavirus relief package.

Appearing on MSNBC’s “AM Joy,” Clinton challenged Trump’s executive orders.

“It’s a stunt. There’s no doubt about it. It’s most likely, as even Republican senators have said, unconstitutional, bypassing the Congress, trying to spend money that he has no authority to direct,” Clinton said.

She added. “But it’s also meant to be a big diversion from the hard work the Congress should be engaged in to provide the kind of relief that tens of millions of Americans need.”

Watch her comments below:

Trump signed the executive orders on Saturday after negotiations hit an impasse, as IJR previously reported.

The series of executive orders allow for unemployment relief, a payroll tax cut, a moratorium on evictions, and an extended suspension on interest on student loan payments, as IJR previously reported.

Clinton noted many Americans are still unemployed and small businesses have taken a hit as the coronavirus pandemic has rocked the nation.

She argued Trump indicated he is “going after” social security and Medicare through the payroll tax.

Clinton reiterated Trump’s executive actions are simply diversions and they will ultimately hurt Americans in the long run.

“So, yes, it was a stunt. Most likely unconstitutional. He doesn’t really have the authority to do what he tried,” Clinton said.

She added, “But he sent a signal to voters that, you know, if you were, unfortunately, unlucky enough to have him be president again, you can watch what he is going to do to Social Security and Medicare. And it’s going to hurt not just elderly Americans but every American.”

Trump’s executive orders come as the number of coronavirus cases in the United States has reached more than 5 million.

Responses

  1. Screw: “Wasn’t Obamacare suppose to supersede Medicare?” WHERE did you get that wacky conclusion? Medicare is for those 65 yrs and older. WHY would those 65+ go on to the Obamacare site to purchase commercial insurance, with or without government subsidies??
    If you are not aware Trump’s last 2 budgets included cuts to Social Security and Medicare, then you have not been paying attention. The Congressional budgets were not passed with Trump’s cuts.
    No, Hillary said nothing when Obama used EO’s BUT “conservative” media had LOTS to say, just as they had LOTS to say against unbalanced budgets, national deficit, teleprompters, golfing, and family vacations. WHERE have those complainers been for the last 4 yrs? WHERE are the folks who said TWO deaths in America from Ebola indicated Obama was “incompetent”? WHERE are the IJR posters who in Feb and March claimed 12,469 U.S. deaths from H1N1 2009-2010 was Obama’s fault and incompetence but are silent on 162,000 U.S. deaths in 8 months from COVID during Trump’s presidency?

  2. “Congress has NOT been doing its job” I Ching

    I Ching is confused.

    It isn’t “Congress” that isn’t doing its job. The American Fascist Party controlled Senate long led by Missing Moscow Mitch is what has stalled Congress.

  3. You’re missing the point Hillary. Congress has NOT been doing its job, even so far as Social Security and Medicare.

    Wasn’t Obozocare supposed to supersede Medicare?

    It’s also telling that you said nothing but good things when the guy who beat you out and won the presidency was making it rain executive orders. Pen and phone sound familiar?

    If these are stunts then they’re apparently working at least in distracting you and others from your Wuflu doomsaying.

Comments are closed.